- Not-quite-done: Add menu for entering name at the end of Arcade Mode.
- Done: Create character images for main game / arcade mode character select.
- Done: Add time limit and score/capture limit to TAB scoreboard.
I think the character select images turned out pretty good. Although I would have put more effort into the images if I wasn't planned to remove the characters after 0.6 is release. I was so use to just solid blocks of color, I keep being surprised every time I see them.
I may do a new 0.5.4 release soon as kind of a release candidate for 0.6. I don't want to set a new release date for 0.6 as I failed to meet the first two. It will be released when it's ready.
What’s left to do for 0.6?
- Finish Arcade Mode post game menu
- Check for issues (in the game, network multiplayer, building on Windows, etc)
- Test upgrading Turtle Arena 0.4.3 to 0.6
- Fix issues
- Write release notes
- Create installer/packages
- Take screenshots
- (Maybe) create trailer video
What's up with Extraordinary Beat X?
The preemptive "renaming" of Turtle Arena may of caused some confusion. Extraordinary Beat X will be the name of the game continuing after Turtle Arena 0.6. When I started renaming the game, I wasn't planned to have a new major Turtle Arena release. EBX will use the same underlaying code and many of the same ideas and goals, but will future new characters and a new universe. A lot of the data will probably be scraped or remade. Many things are up in the air right now. After Turtle Arena 0.6 is released, I intend to finalize the plans for the game, characters, ui, etc before continuing development (meaning not modifying the stuff in subversion).

No comments:
Post a Comment